Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Referb a Radio

What a busy summer!  I've been home 10 nights since June 12.  Soooo glad to sleep in my own bed again!  Needless to say, haven't had a lot of time to paint until this week. Now it's raining here so painting's going to have to wait.  Not gonna complain, though. We're in the middle of a big drought so we'll take any rain we can get!

Back in May I found this cool radio cabinet at a flea market.


The front folded down to reveal the radio knobs, etc.  Someone had already taken the guts out.  It just needed a new life.



It did have some damage.  Fortunately I had one of the missing pieces.

All I had to do was glue on the missing piece and pick a paint color.  I recently ran into a new brand of chalk paint at a mall and decided to try it.  This piece would be perfect in turquoise!



I gave the cabinet two coats of paint.  I must say I really liked the Plaster Paint.
(so I was painting outside under a tree)

A little distressing and some clear wax and she was ready for the shop.

I left the inside untouched.  It would make a great desk!

The lower center panel can be removed to reveal more storage.

Somebody loved her as much as I did because she's already sold!

I'm hoping to get a lot more painted before I have to go back to work in a few weeks!

Pin It

Showing up at these parties:
Elizabeth and Co.
homework
Creative_HomeAcre_Blog_Hop3_thumbLilyfield Life75x75My Repurposed Life

4 comments:

Connie said...

You did a beautiful job on her. I'm not surprised that she sold right a way :)
Thanks for sharing, you are an inspiration.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Miss Charming said...

Such a beautiful shape and fun new color!

Anonymous said...

Very fun! I haven't heard of this brand of chalk paint - how would you say it compares to annie sloan cp? What kind of wax did you use?! I recently made my own cp & am loving the looks of it, just need to figure out how to seal it :) I saw you at House of Hepworths :D
Blessings,
Nicole

Fiona, Lilyfield Life said...

just gorgeous Cyndi, that's a beautiful colour.