Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's Fall, Ya'll

The calendar says that yesterday was the first day of autumn.  My allergies certainly know that fall is in the air.  Someone forgot to change the thermostat, however.  It was 95 degrees here in Texas yesterday and today.  So to help get myself in the mood, I planted some mums and decorated the mantle.



When I bought my house years ago, this rock fireplace was my favorite feature.


I keep it filled with vintage ironstone and change out the accessories for the seasons.


I've had these wooden pumpkins for years and they're perfect to pile in a shabby urn.


This red watering can is my most recent addition.  It's got great patina and will carry on into Christmas.


Who says a wreath has to hang?


It's starting to feel like fall inside.  Now if outside would just cooperate!


Pin It
”TheMod Vintage Life

1 comment:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Cyndi,
maybe the cooler temps will come your way SOON:) Your mantel looks great (like that star). Come by on Monday...you will be featured at my party.

Blessings,
Linda