Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Finished! Finito! Done!...Finally!!

A little over a year ago I decided it was time to remodel my kitchen....three weeks before Christmas.  I know, crazy!  But my contractor assured me it would be done before family showed up for Christmas day, so we decided to go for it.  We wanted new cabinet doors, granite countertops, new backsplash, and new appliances.  


So the catastrophe construction began.


  














Old laminate countertop disappeared, new cabinet base was constructed...

















Dated appliances were removed.














We decided to put glass doors on these open cabinets.


























My gorgeous new granite appeared!  Ahhh... the mess will be worth it!












They installed glass subway tile backsplash, new appliances, and new cabinet doors.  (Note the biscuits ready to go into the oven so I could get started on the Christmas dressing!)

We told the contractor we'd paint the cabinets ourselves.  What were we thinking??  One coat of paint and a year later, we hired someone to finish the painting! 

After living with them for a year, I decided I wanted hardware on the cabinet doors.  So I got black knobs and an installation template from Lowe's and we got the knobs installed.  The drawer pulls, however, were another matter!  The store bought template wouldn't work so I spent another few months trying to figure out how to install the drawer pulls.  Here's my home-made template made from a shoe box lid:

So yesterday, we finally got the pulls installed and I can finally say
IT IS FINISHED!





Lovin' my new double oven!  Sometimes things are worth the wait!

2 comments:

Bread and Butter said...

Congratulations on your new kitchen, it is beautiful. My mother just did the kitchen redo also. It was supposed to be done by Christmas, and most of it was, except the flooring. We had the holiday there despite the floor. What a journey it is to remodel. Enjoyed seeing yours!
Terri :)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Your new kitchen is beautiful and definitely worth the wait! I am so jealous of your double oven!